All PYSC activities suspended
Here is confirmation of the disappointing, but unavoidable announcement that all activities at PYSC are suspended until further notice due to Covid-19.
- Tuesday 24th March was a first for PYSC with the GC holding a “meeting” on line via Google Hangouts. It turned out to be a very successful solution to facilitate a full discussion and will be repeated for the next GC meeting on 5th May, or sooner, if needed.
- For safety reasons, the gas and water have now been turned off at the clubhouse.
- Huge thank you again to everyone who worked so hard to get us ready for the start of the season.
- The programme was already completed and will still be sent out to everyone electronically. Hopefully, there will be plenty of the season left to sail when we are again able to do so.
- Once printed, the annual PYSC booklet will also be posted out to all members.
- If you wish to stay easily connected to other PYSC members on the Helms & Crews WhatsApp group, please email email@example.com and we will add you in
Whilst it may well be quite some time before we are all able to physically meet at the club, maybe we can keep our social connections going and our sailing passion flowing by sharing sailing themed activities on line, e.g.
- E yacht racing
- Google hangouts training evenings
- Maybe a sailing quiz
If you have any other bright ideas, please get in touch with a member of the GC, or maybe just get on and start organising!
Until we are able to meet again down at Sugarloaf, please all keep safe, fit and healthy.
(Updated on 25/03/2020)