PYSC recording sessions
At the Dinner (not) Dance (not) last week we decided to record a PYSC song together. Anyone’s welcome to join in with any instrument – or to sing. Don’t worry if you’re shy or inexperienced, I can fix any imperfections or bury them in the final mix! We’ll do something that will accommodate lots of instruments, solo singers and backing vocals.
It goes like this:
- Email me in the next week (before the end of Jan) to say what instrument you’d like to play, or if you’d like to sing.
- When I see who wants to play what instrument (and sing), I’ll come up with some suitable song ideas and get back to you.
- We’ll choose a song and I’ll find music for everyone (lyrics, chord sheets, notation, whatever you need) and send it out.
- I’ll record a backing track (probably with bass, drums, a melody line, and a click track) and send it out for you to listen to as you record your part.
- You record your contribution and send it to me. This will be audio only, and is fairly easy to do with a smartphone, or whatever equipment you have to hand. I will send out some instructions so we get the best sound quality possible.
- I’ll mix all the tracks together and create our song.
Stephen Brooks has already told me he can play triangle, and I have guitar, drums and saxophone lined up already. Tell me what you’d like to play and I’ll start looking for a suitable number to showcase our talent.
(Editor You can contact Brenda via Facebook or Whatsapp, if you don't know how drop me a line firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Updated on 25/01/2021)