Duty roster needs completing
We have all of our sailing sessions covered up to and including Sunday 2nd May. Thank you to everyone who has taken the trouble to volunteer so far.
We have built a fairly full programme throughout the year and still hope to be able to run as many of those sessions as possible. To do this we need volunteers for OOD, Rescue Helm & Rescue Crew for every session. Sadly, without those roles filled, then we won’t be going sailing at all.
We are not going to be ringing around to ask people to do a duty. If you haven’t yet volunteered for any sessions, but still plan to sail this year, then please step forward now. We have done well so far, but we still have a lot of gaps to fill.
Please follow this link to a Google Sheets version of the programme. Please fill in your name where you can assist and change the text to red to confirm that you are happy to take it on. General guidelines as follows:
- Normally, we would only ask most members to take on a maximum of 4 duties per year. This year, those of us who will be sailing regularly will probably need to do 1 or 2 more because we have lost a few members over the last 18 months and gained only a couple because of being unable to run courses, etc.
- If you are not feeling ready to go sailing at the start of the season, e.g., waiting until after your vaccination, please look to volunteer later in the year when you believe that you will be ready to get back on the water.
- There are still social distancing rules to abide by. If you have a bubble that you want to work in, please volunteer together. Alternatively, if volunteering to do rescue, please do so alongside other members that you would be happy to do the duty with.
- Forget galley volunteering for now. That won’t be in service until June.
- As always, please only volunteer for duties that you are qualified to take on.
- Ignore spaces for rescue training and the sailing course at this stage.
We will leave the Google sheets for volunteers to complete for now. After 30th April, we will have to start allocating duties to members or cancelling sailing. We don’t want to do that, so please do your bit now.
(Updated on 29/04/2021)