Back to normal sailing
A few updates from the Sailing sub-committee following the latest Government releasing of restrictions…..
- Back to normal sailing, at last. For now, anyway!
- The sailing area restrictions to activities only in The Bay no longer apply. The OOD may now set appropriate courses as in pre-Covid times.
- Newcombe, Denny Shoal, Firefly and Sands are now an option when there is sufficient wind / at an appropriate state of the tide.
- OOD to make a decision on the day, depending on wind, sea state, forecast and who is planning to sail.
- All sailors are now encouraged to sign on in the pre-Covid fashion. Please bear in mind that there will be new members who have never done that, so all experienced members please help out the newbies with these processes.
- Galley is back in use for hot drinks, cold drinks, chocolate bars, etc. Please feel free to volunteer if you can help out, but do remember “There is no such things as the Galley Fairy”. If you use the galley, clear up after yourself.
- Socialise outside as much as practical. It would be great to see more people chatting over a cuppa after sailing, like in the old days. However, please still keep sensible distances and do it outside, where possible.
- Changing - We are still looking to keep close crowds to a minimum. The showers will be on, but let’s be sensible and not overcrowd the changing rooms. Please arrive and leave with minimal usage. Hand sanitiser still to be used, please.
- OODs, let’s keep going with helping social distancing at launch time. If that means slightly delaying the race start in order to ensure everyone is able to get on the water safely, then please do so.
(Updated on 21/07/2021)
© 2021 PYSC