What on earth is the SSC?
The Sailing Sub-Committee – So what do they do, then?
The answer is, quite simply, the SSC organise almost everything that happens every time you go sailing, e.g.:
- Create the annual sailing programme;
- Complete the roster;
- Organise rescue & OOD training;
- Produce sailing instructions, OOD guidelines, etc;
- Organise open meetings;
- Publish the annual members’ handbook;
- Maintain the club boats and marker buoys;
- Sort trophies and prizes;
- Etc, etc
We have a great team. However, we also have space for a couple of new faces to join the team and inject some new thoughts and energy. Do you need to be a champion sailor? No definitely not. Just have plenty of positive energy about our amazing sport. There are plenty of experienced heads on the team who will help your understanding of why we do the things we do.
Interested? Come and find out more from the existing SSC members:
- Colin Jarvis
- Andrea Willcocks
- Colin Wilson
- Chris Romans
- Chris Gill
- Jeremy Marshall
- James Willcocks
- Mike Chorlton
We look forward to hearing from you
(Updated on 21/07/2021)